Free SWC Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://swctraining.board-directory.net

Money Matters Empty Money Matters

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Despite the gathering darkness, you quickly find the shop you're look for. A bell jingles as you step through the door into a clutter maze
of seemingly random merchandise. A toydarian quickly flutters over to you.

"Hi chuba da nago?
Oh. An outlander eh? Well, you've come to the right place. If it can be sold, I have it. Or I can get it eh? So what will you be wanting then?"

"Well, today I just need some information. I was told you could teach me all about money matters in the Combine."

"You were told right then. Anything to know about business, I know it eh? But standing here talking, it's not good for business ya know?
So let's keep this quick. What exactly do ya wanna know eh?"

click a dialogue option below

"Okay. The galaxy is a big place. What currencies are in use?"
"So how do you make money anyway?"
"I keep hearing about different shops and markets. What are they all about?"

Last edited by Admin on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 am; edited 5 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Money Matters Empty Re: Money Matters

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 am

"What currencies are there? Is this a question eh? I'm sure you've heard of 'credits' no? Credits are the only official currency in the entire galaxy!
Of course, the Krath do promote use of their 'nova crystals' but not everyone accepts those. Worse, you buy nova crystals with credits eh?" the Toydarian
chuckles. "Then there's good old fashioned barter. Item for item. Not the most convenient way to do business for sure. Now strictly out-of-character are
the 'combine points' or CPs but those aren't something I, or any, merchant will deal with."

choose an option below

"CPs will be fine," you say as you wave your hands around...
"CPs? If merchants don't accept them, what good are they?"
"Credits I understand for the most part but how can I earn some?"
"Credits I understand for the most part but where and how do I spend them?"
"Barter? Sounds kind of risky. Is there any way to minimize my risk when trading?"

Last edited by Admin on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 pm

"You can make money in a couple a ways. First off you can get yourself a job. Now some people work independently as freelancers but that's a lot of effort eh? Most of the time you'll want to get yourself work with an established organization. Some of the bigger factions pay a small fortune for very little effort. When you aren't working, you can try your hand at buying and selling. The galaxy always needs more traders. Once you've got a few credits saved up, you might want to get yourself some planet-side property. Many facilities produce a small amount of residual income each month. But me now, I like to gamble. There's always some good action happening on the gambling forums eh? Just try not to bet your way into any serious trouble."

choose a dialogue option below

"A job sounds good. How do I find out about these factions you mentioned?"
"Hmmm.... become a trader.... but how do you get stuff to sell to begin with?"
"Facilities? As in cantinas, factories, and the like? I don't want to be stuck in a shop somewhere; how does this work?"

Last edited by Admin on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:18 pm

"Hey, people need a place to do business don't they? There are only a couple in-character options, NPC Shops and the NPC Market, and three out-of-character options; forums, the Trade Federation Market, and the Centrepoint Market.

NPC Shops

The NPC Market

The Commerce and Traders' Lounge forums are found here and here respectively.

The Trade Federation Market

The Centrepoint Market"

choose a dialogue option below
""

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum